BURLEIGH HEADS RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB IS ONE OF THE OLDEST RUGBY LEAGUE CLUBS ON THE GOLD COAST.
It was originally formed in 1934 with Rudd Park as its home ground. After a nine year cessation, in 1959 they reformed with Currumbin in hope of producing a stronger Rugby League Club. 1971 saw the club relocate to Pizzey Park, which is still their current home.
The club was founded in an effort to field three competitive grades in the Gold Coast Group 18 competition and to provide a social club for the population of the local area.
In 2022 Burleigh have 9 senior teams that play in Queensland State wide and Gold Coast Rugby League Competitions., The State wide competition teams include the U16, U18 , U21 and Host Plus Cup mens teams as well an U19 and Opens womens team. The Gold Coast Competition is made up of A Grade, Reserve Grade and U20 teams.
Our club boasts a playing and coaching staff that have been synonymous with Rugby League in Queensland. Names like Ray McCarron, Graeme Ambrose, Laurie Oar, Wayne Homer, Yogi Thompson, Mick Toomey, and Joe Tangatta Toa are still bandied around the Club as probably the best the Coast has seen.
Burleigh Bears Rugby League Football Club Limited is overseen by the following football staff:
- Chief Executive Officer – Damian Driscoll
- Head Coach – Rick Stone
- Football Operations & Welfare Manager – Jodie Taylor
- Business Development Manager – Tom Marzella
- Pathways & Development – Roy Leoni
- Administration- Tanya Martin
Burleigh Bears Rugby League Football Club Limited Committee
- Chairman – Paul Khan
- Committee –Andrew McCarron
- Committee– Scott Smith
- Committee–Jamie Windley
- Committee– Matt O’Flynn
- Club Name: Burleigh Heads Rugby League Football Club
- Nickname: Burleigh Bears
- Colours: Maroon and White
- Home Grounds: Rudd Park 1934 – 1970, Bob Singh Oval (Pizzey Park) 1971 to Present
- First Season: 1934
- NRL Club Affiliate: Gold Coast Titans
Email: [email protected]
Please email us at the above address for any general queries.